Monday 13 November 2017

Nigerian Artiste Skales Releases 2 New Singles & Announces Plans For East Africa



Top Nigerian afro beats artiste, Skales, known for delivering mega hits like “Temper” and "Shake Body", some of the biggest Nigerian tunes to hit East Africa, is now taking on an East African approach from now on, into 2018. Skales releases two smash hit singles AGOLO and BOOTY LANGUAGEfeaturing Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie in East Africa, as he plans to launch new singles featuring artists from East Africa.

Speaking on his East Side plan Skales says: “I have decided to spread my brand strategically to East Africa because of the love and attention I get from my fans from East Africa. They have made my songs massive in the region,” adding, “Music is also a universal language and the East African sound and culture continues to inspire my music in a lot of ways.”

AGOLO and BOOTY LANGUAGE are off Skales sophomore album ‘The Never Say Never Guy” and have dominated music airplay across Africa since the album dropped earlier on this year. Skales who tags his album as a masterpiece says, “I believe that East African sounds influenced a huge percentage of my album. This is part of the reason why I am setting aside time to venture into East Africa.”

The Chopstix produced AGOLO is a certified afro pop hit with a perfect blend of Yoruba traditional sounds. The single has already sparked traditional dance steps among fans, just like in the video showcasing the streets of Ojota in Lagos, directed by Lucas Reid. In BOOTY LANGUAGESkales delivers smooth rap bars in a steady flow while appreciating the voluptuous curves of the African woman. Skales described the video boasting an urban setting with colorful graffiti displayed in the background director by Teekay as one of his favorites in recent times - asserting its creativity as incredibly commendable.

Cindy Sanyu, Navio, Nyashinski, Avril, Vanessa Mdee and Joh Makini are among artistes from East Africa Skales is currently feeling. He says: “I’m a huge fan of a lot of East African artistes and through my work with them, I hope to unify the African music culture.” Skales promises that he will be coming to East Africa soon. He concludes: I would like my East African fans to know that I got love for you and I appreciate all the support you have shown me and music this far. There is no other continent that is as blessed as we are so let’s believe more in us and empower us.”

With over 200 songs recorded so far with high-flying collaboration with several top acts including Burna Boy, Sarkodie, Eldee, Jeremiah Gyang, Banky W and Knighthouse, Skales continues to enjoy massive success beyond the African music scene. He recently got featured on Major Lazer’s RUN UP – Afrosmash Remix featuring PartyNextDoor, Yung L, Chopstix and Nicki Minaj.

No comments:

Post a Comment